Two months deep into this pandemic and stores still can’t match the demand for Lysol wipes and sprays. It’s a shame because most people are thinking a quick wipe or a spray will sanitize their home.
Oh so far from the disinfecting truth.
The truth is
no ones home can be sterile but everyone can use these tips to keep their homes high touch areas disinfected often.
5 Don’ts of Lysol Wipes
1. Don’t use it on a porous surface!
Granite is porous. Even if it is sealed. It’s sealed for protection but, these wipes can actually eat away at the sealant damaging your granite surfaces!
2. Don’t Use a wipe to clean everything!
I know that sounds weird but it’s not meant to clean.
Soap and water with a microfiber rag will agitate the dirt and clean.
The wipe will then disinfect a small area. (One wipe can only provide adequate disinfection to an area of around three-square-feet or less)
3. Don’t use these wipes on anything your mouth will touch.
4. Don’t use these wipes to wipe the leather in your car! The wipes will strip the leather of its natural oils causing it to brittle.
5. Don’t flush a wipe in the toilet
5 Do’s of Lysol Wipes
1. Do KNOW your surface before wiping!
2. Do use a wipe rather than a spray on REMOTES. Just take the batteries out as to not mess your settings up.
3. DOORKNOBS (especially the entry doors to your home.) you haven’t had a chance to wash your hands inside yet so doorknobs are icky.
4. LIGHT-SWITCHES get used more than cleaned in the regular cleaning routines for sure.
5. DOOR HANDLES such as the frequently used handles on the fridge, faucets, cabinets and drawers.
What To Use If You Don’t Have Lysol Wipes
Got an empty Lysol Wipe Container?
Cut a roll of paper towels to match the length
(bread slicer works fine 😉)
- select-a-size paper towels.
- 18 ounces 99% isopropyl alcohol.
- 5 ounces water.
- 2 tablespoons hydrogen peroxide.
- 45 drops essential oils. Tea tree, eucalyptus, and thyme were actually studied for their antivirus properties and we use them in our own Austin Home Cleaning Service office made cleaning solutions.
SHAKE IT LIKE A POLAROID PICTURE 🤪
My 2 Pennies Worth🤷🏻♀️
Disinfecting wipes are a good go-to for disinfecting small areas.
Check the manufacturer’s guidelines but most keyboards, remotes, game controllers, and phone cases can be safely disinfected with a wipe. (Please don’t swipe a wipe off on your iPhone with one!) Some cell phones have a protective coating on the screen that can be harmed by certain chemicals so check before you clean.