Maybe you were gifted with one of the most sought after 40 oz Yeti tumblers and it’s progressed from keeping your coffee hot in the winter to keeping your beer cold in the summer!
Another scenario could be that you have a special hand painted wine glass or Tervis plastic tumbler and you found out after you put it in the dishwasher that it is not dishwasher safe!
Either of these could result in a stain or an odor. Let’s see how to get rid of those stains and odors so you can enjoy your favorite Yeti, Tervis, or special cup longer!
How To Remove Stains From Your Favorite Coffee Mug
In between providing cleaning services in Downtown Austin I slipped into the Yeti Flagship Store on the corner of Congress Ave to speak directly to one of the Yeti staff members on How to Keep A Yeti Clean.
Of course I googled How To Clean A Yeti first and was simply shocked at what people were saying to do to clean them. From Ammonia to Bleach to other chemical based cleaning methods everyone was proposing, I was set on making sure my Earth, Pet, Human Cleaning methods were also Yeti Approved.
How To Clean A Yeti or Tervis Cup
Whether your goal is to remove a stain or an odor in your favorite cup here is the best trick:
1. Don’t use the dishwasher! Yes a Yeti is dishwasher safe BUT that is more for routine cleaning of it. Hot water will make all odors and stains set in the Yeti Cup and it’s top! If the goal is to get the stain out then step 2 is for you!
2. Get a Non Scratch Sponge. Pour some baking soda on it.
3. Put 1/2 Cup of White Distilled Vinegar in the Yeti.
4. Dip the sponge with baking soda in the Yeti to make a paste with the White Distilled Vinegar and scrub.
5. Rinse thoroughly! To get into the crevices, I have found that a baby bottle cleaning brush bristles are great!
TIPS ON HOW TO CLEAN A YETI STRAIGHT FROM THE AUSTIN FLAGSHIP LOCATION
You know that black seal that keeps the Yeti from spilling? It needs to be removed and cleaned. Anything you’ve drank out of your Yeti that has a sugar base will hide in the crevices and cause a smell and bacteria build up over time. So don’t be afraid to remove the plastic ring and thoroughly soak and clean it and it’s area it is attached to.
YETI INSIDE SCOOP
The Yeti Flagship store in Austin, TX is about to get a makeover that makes sense. Wanna customize your cup? It’s coming to this store!!! Wanna customize your Yeti cooler? Bring it in and get it customized with drilled in or stickers on personal touches on site for a small fee.